Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

SPCA

Hi and welcome to my next blog post. I am here to talk about the SPCA charity. I have been doing activity's like these and I need to complete them and put then on my blog. My activity today is to choose a charity and talk about it. I have chosen SPCA because I love animals. They are very cute. I hope you will support  this charity.

SPCA is a charity that Protects more than 40,000 pets in NZ every single year. They save animals that are sick, injured, abused and abandoned. SPCA has a very very important job in our community but, no operation on the animals that make them better could happen without you helping and supporting the SPCA. Once upon a time there was a cat stuck up on a barbed wire fence. A lady found this very cat and brought her to the SPCA without getting told to. Small things like that really helps our animals. Please help the SPCA. It is very helpful.

Hopefully you have thought about this and is supporting SPCA right now. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ella, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done on sharing some of the amazing things that the SPCA does.
    I cannot believe that they help over 40,000 lives each year! That is so many animals that have been sick or injured and were helped by such an amazing organisation.
    Have you ever adopted an animal from the SPCA? If so, what kind of animal?
    I think it is great how you have included the story of the cat stuck on the barbed wire fence. It is so important for us to help out animals who are unable to help themselves!
    When I lived in Australia, I had to call the SPCA (or in Australia they call it the RSPCA) to help a kangaroo which had been attacked by a dog. The kangaroo was not in very good shape, and I watched over him until the SPCA arrived to help him out.
    I was extremely thankful for everything the SPCA did to help out the injured kangaroo, and was so relieved when they were able to nurture him back to full health.
    Thank you for creating such an amazing blog post. I look forward to seeing more content from you!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella!

    My name is Natasha - I'm from Hornby High and I'm going to be checking out some of your awesome Summer Learning Journey posts over the holidays! Hopefully I can give you some helpful feedback aswell :)

    I love that you chose to talk about the SPCA! They are such an important organisation, I had no idea just how many animals they save annually that's incredible! You included some great information here!

    I wish more people chose to adopt rescues rather than go to private breeders, there are so many animals in need of loving homes! My cat was a rescue - her mother abandoned her and her sister when they were less than a week old. It's so good to see you spreading knowledge about the SPCA and encouraging people to support them!

    Including a link to the SPCA's website or their phone number would be a great way of letting people know how to contact them, just for future reference!

    Wonderful work Ella, I can't wait to see more amazing posts from you in the near future. Have an awesome night and I look forward to hearing from you soon - remember, the more comments you reply to, the more points you earn :)

    What is your favourite animal, do you have any pets of your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you so so much. My favourite animal is actually dogs I have one of my own.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Ella this is so descriptive i love animals and love the SPCA its so wondeful that they do this!! love this so much-Lilly

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.