Pages

Friday 22 May 2020

Sea Lions

Hi and welcome to my next blog post. Today I am showing you a report I made about Sea lions. In literacy we have been learning on how to do reports. At the moment we have been making documentaries but we are going to start making our own reports and turn them into documentaries.       
SEA LIONS
NZ Sea Lion Trust – Sea Lion Guardians since 2003
Pg 1. Introduction
Pg 2. Carnivores
Pg 3. Endangered
Pg 4. Habitat
Pg 5. Conclusion
Pg 6. Glossary

Introduction
Did you know Sea Lions and Seals are two different animals? Hi I am Ella and today I am showing you a series of facts containing Sea Lions. I decided to choose this animal because I didn’t really have much idea about this certain animal, so I decided to learn more about it.
Carnivores
Sea Lions are meat eaters also known as Carnivores. They like to eat more fish and penguins than things like pigs and cows. A carnivore is really just an animal that feeds on other animals. Sea Lions eat 5-8% of their body weight each day. Australian Sea Lions are around 190 kgs. Some times I get scared of certain carnivores such as cheetahs and tigers.Hypothesis Confirmed: Sea Lion Mass Deaths Caused by Malnutrition ...
Endangered
Are Sea Lions endangered? Yes Sea Lions are endangered. They are definitely not extinct (yet). What could we do to stop them from going extinct? We could reuse things such as plastic and paper. We should stop littering because when it goes in the water sea animals can mistake it for food. I think Sea Lions are pretty scary because of their reputation. I have heard that a Sea Lion has grabbed someone and pulled them into the water. (The person survived).
Habitat
Sea Lions like to relax in both sandy shores or rocks that tend to be in the middle of the ocean or close to the shore. I have never been to one of the se places but wish to sometime in the future. They live in the Northern Pacific in between Asia and North America.
Conclusion
That’s a wrap. Have you learnt anything from this series of facts? Overall I have learnt about the Sea Lions Diet, are they endangered and their habitat. If you are interested in Sea Lions here are some links for you to learn some more.Sealion - habitat, diet, size and species with images | AnimalsPal
Glossary:
Endangered: A panda is endangered because people are taking away their homes so they are dying.
Carnivores: Meat eaters or animals that feed on other animals. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Ella It Is Tayla B
    I liked reading your report on sea lions. Maybe next time when you copy your writing off your doc when you paste it maybe try Ctrl shift C that is what Phia and I do so it does not go off the side of your blog :D
    Tayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ella it is Sophia!
    I really like your work and especially the way you explained what some of the words meant! I learned A lot from this and more about the sea lion than I did before! I noticed there was a little error in your work, the writing is actually outside of the post! There is actually a way to do solve that! What you do is you copy your writing, and you press (ctrl-shift-v) that way you can easily has no errors in your work. Other than that I love your work, keep it up, and I am looking forward to your next blog post BYEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.