Pages

Friday 15 May 2020

WW II

Hi my name is Ella and welcome to my next blog post. Today I am showing you a piece of work I have done about World War 2. We have been making reports on different things. We had to choose out of things like People, volcanoes and more.

WW II
  1. Introduction
  2. Where it started
  3. What have people risked?
  4. My Great Gran dad
  5. When it started
  6. Conclusion

Introduction
Did you know more than 70 million people died fighting in WWII? Hi I am Ella and this is me showing you thing about WWII. My topics for today are going to be about where it started, when it started, my Great Gran dad and what did people risk.


Where it started
WW II started from Hitler invading Poland coming from west. France and Britain declared war on Germany two days later. This started WW II. On September 17th Soviet troops invaded Poland from the East. WW II ended in Europe on the 8th of May 1945.
What have people risked?
People have died and risked losing their families. The have risked losing their kids, wife's, husbands, mums, dads and more. People fight knowing that they could die but still fight for their country or family.

My Great Gran dad
My Great Gran dads name is Surrey McMechen. He fought in WW II. Luckily he survived. When I was born a couple of months later he sadly had died on December 27 2009. I really wish I could have met him as we did not live close.

When it started
It started on September the 1st 1939 and ended 2nd of September 1945.

Conclusion
I hope you learnt something about WW II. Overall I have learnt about where and when it started, that my great gran dad was in it and what people have risked. That was what I have done today once again hoped you learnt something.


1 comment:

  1. Hi this really good I loved reading this

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.